Head of Editorial Content and SEO
** Please note that this role is only open to employees of Mumsnet and Gransnet **
Lead a happy and productive team and collaborate across the company, working to make Mumsnet’s editorial content engaging and useful to our users and clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the daily output and promotion of our editorial content
- Manage the SEO and optimisation of editorial content, collaborating with the SEO manager and across the company
- Plan content strategy to drive user acquisition and user engagement, and aid ecommerce
- Maintain and innovate our analytics to report on and drive success
- Make editorial judgements on content and partnerships
- Research and implement innovative uses of content
- Work with other teams to ensure that our content serves both the users and business goals
- Support and develop the editorial content team
What we're looking for
- Great team leadership skills
- A strong preference for collaborative working
- Excellent editorial judgement and ideas
- Commanding written English and interpersonal communication skills
- A proven track record of generating ideas for online publishing
- An understanding of social media and a keen interest in viral content
- An interest in parenting and current affairs and familiarity with the culture of the Mumsnet site
- A sophisticated grasp of publishing platforms and digital media market trends as they affect content and business development
Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 5.30 pm, Friday 7th December 2018 - don’t delay in applying!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!