Head of Social, Mumsnet
This role is only open to employees of Mumsnet and Gransnet
We’re on the hunt for a social ninja to lead our presence on social media, serve up the best content, build engagement and followers, and deliver on commercial objectives, while staying true to the voices and values of our users and our site.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft strategy for our social channels, setting objectives that will deliver on our overall business strategy.
- Manage our social channels, creating schedules, publishing content and building relationships with influencers.
- Collate and analyse data from all channels, including paid and organic, using it to optimise our posting behaviours and ROI for the business.
- Closely support commercial relationships including meeting clients and prospective clients, inputting to campaigns, monitoring performance and client delivery.
- Work collaboratively with teams across our business and manage your own small team.
- Identify issues and trends in the social sphere, monitor competitors and bring innovation to our social approach.
What we're looking for
- A great understanding of social media and what makes content truly engaging (and even, dare we say, viral)
- Solid analytics skills and curiosity about data
- A good eye for images and design
- A facility for building personal relationships with internal and external colleagues and influencers
- Good written, oral communication and subbing skills
- A proven track record of generating ideas for professional online publishing
- A sophisticated grasp of publishing platforms and digital media market trends as they affect content and business development
- An understanding of Mumsnet’s unique community and tone of voic
Report to the Chief Content Officer, we envisage this role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
"Mumsnet: Our Culture" our guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 5.30 pm, Sunday 9th December 2018 - don’t delay in applying!