Editorial and Product Executive
Through Mumsnet Work, Mumsnet is on a mission to make the UK the most family friendly place to work in the world. We want to be the first choice for parents looking for work advice and opportunities and be the market leading talent solution for family friendly employers. With 3,000 jobs featured and a number 1 ranking on Google for Family Friendly jobs, Mumsnet Work is a unique offering to get passionate about.
You’ll be responsible for user and client experience and traffic growth in Mumsnet Jobs. You will deliver SEO content and be responsible for optimising the jobs board vacancies across our social channels with email marketing to deliver a high application- per-vacancy rate. This includes managing our social media channels to build brand awareness.
Working closely with Product, you will take charge of the platform development and associated vendor management.
What are the expected outcomes of the role?
- To manage and develop an integrated platform comprising jobs, Talk and content with a key focus on SEO for Mumsnet Work
- To ensure each vacancy is optimised adequately to drive quality applications per vacancy to ensure client retention and renewal
- To feedback related to features, content, platform and social opportunities to ensure MN Work is sustainable and delivers for our clients
- To support the Mumsnet Work sales team to grow revenue via Jobs and Family Friendly Accreditation
What you will do?
- Your primary responsibility is to drive high quality traffic
- You will evolve the platform - working closely with the Product and Tech teams
- You will monitor and report on the team’s strategic metrics.
- You will be the primary vendor liaison and platform manager to ensure the smooth running of the platform
- You will be responsible for driving strong SEO content
- You will monitor and feedback against our strategic metrics
- Monitor campaign and optimise our advertising via newsletters, widget and social media to ensure a satisfied customer experience
- You’ll use some added flair to help keep our social media accounts up to date - uploading images etc.
What you must have?
- Some experience delivering and optimising digital content
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English
- Great computer skills, including powerpoint and some basic excel
- Show initiative and good judgement
- Flexibility, willingness and can do attitude
It’d be nice if you had
- Some experience working in a digital company
- Digital Product design or management experience
- An interest in blogging and social media
- Ability to play around with Photoshop
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 17 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club a football and netball team, plus there’s babyfoot; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day (unless you want to be away).
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.