Senior Full Stack Developer PHP
We're on the hunt for a passionate and driven full stack developer to join our team and write top quality code for our websites and mobile apps. You will be part of a very exciting team that is looking to grow and develop the Mumsnet product embracing new technology to make sure we remain the no.1 place for parents online.
What you'll do
- Work with product managers to identify product features / technically assess designs
- Design solutions for the systems you develop, fitting in with our overall technical stack
- Peer review and quality check work to make sure we have beautifully crafted code
- Help, teach and mentor junior members of the team
- Continue to develop your coding abilities and learn new skills
- Write technical specs and developer documentation
- Plan and estimate development work
What you must have
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and related design patterns
- Experience developing websites and Restful APIs
- A drive to deliver high quality, right first time code
- A passion for technology across the full stack
- Experience working with : Git / Mac OS / Linux
- Experience of jQuery, SaSS, Bootstrap
It’d be nice if you had
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience of DevOps, preferably AWS & Docker
- Experience of Java
- Experience of mobile app development
- Experience of React, ReactNative
This role is envisaged as full-time and based in our offices here in Kentish Town, but we're happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, links to your portfolio and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 20th July 2019
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!